Friday, October 28, 2011

Best EMR: Which is it?

What is the best EMR in the electronic medical record software industry? This is a question I get asked a lot in my day to day consulting with physicians. The reality is that its not all that complicated of an answer. Of the hundreds of vendors that are in the industry, very few can actually compete in the top 10 given the incredible amount of R&D that is required in order to develop and maintain an EMR. This is even more difficult to do since the creation of governing bodies such as CCHIT, that have significant certification costs.

So what is the best EMR software in the industry?

I tell most of my small to medium sized practices to look at eClinicalworks or PrognoCIS. I know both companies very well after years of coaching physicians through the EMR selection process. Of the pool of 10-15 different products that these physicians would often view, these two products came out on top the most. Of course there are many other good products on the market such as Greenway, E-MDs and Practice Fusion - I have the most confidence in eClinicalworks and PrognoCIS.

You can read EMR Software Reviews on my website Health Technology Review.

No comments:

Post a Comment